CAD/CAM software creator CNC Software Inc. (Tolland, Conn.) recently announced that Mastercam 2020 Public Beta is now open to all Mastercam customers with current maintenance. Shops all over the world—from small job shops to Fortune 100 companies—get a chance to test-drive Mastercam 2020 before it is released and provide valuable feedback to help shape the final product. Participants in the public testing get an early look at dozens of powerful new tools for simple to complex jobs.
In addition to system-level enhancements for a better user experience, here are some of the new features and improved functionality in store for Mastercam 2020:
• 3D tool enhancements;
• Hole-making consolidation;
• Restructured chaining dialog;
• Dynamic Motion improvements;
• Accelerated Finishing advancements;
• More realistic simulation;
• Chaining enhancements;
• Ability to track associativity;
• Model-based definition;
• Go to home on tool plane change;
• Updated rotary axis positioning; and
• Skip drill cycle pecking.