WESTEC, produced by SME and AMT – The Association For Manufacturing Technology, is set to take place Sept. 24-26 at the Long Beach Convention & Entertainment Center. WESTEC will give around 12,000 attendees an opportunity to discuss the state of manufacturing in the U.S. and some of the industry’s toughest challenges.
WESTEC has built a reputation as the West Coast’s leading technological showcase for the manufacturing industry over nearly 50 years. Part of the reason people keep coming back is the focus on education at the event, which provides attendees with keynote presentations, panel discussions and industry-specific seminars along with new products and technologies.
For example, an all-day Additive Manufacturing Seminar, held Sept. 25, 2019 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, will focus on how major manufacturers and suppliers have transformed their operations by embracing additive manufacturing, with a focus on materials used to produce production-ready parts. Attendees will learn how the materials used in additive manufacturing are ever-changing, and how metals, polymers and advanced composites are utilized in a variety of additive manufacturing technologies. They will also learn about processing parameters, design considerations, and typical defects found in metals, aluminum, superalloys and other materials.
And here are just a few of the other sessions available at WESTEC:
- The Future of Making
- How Designers are Working in Concert with Technology Innovation
- How Blockchain Tech Will Rock Your World
- Industry 4.0 Realized! How Artificial Intelligence and a Modern Augmented Worker Platform Delivers the Promise of Industry 4.0
- Unlock Your Parts from the Build Plate: How to Print Free Floating Metal AM Parts
- Is 3D printing the Right Process for your Metal Part?
- Economic Outlook for Manufacturing Through 2023
- Accelerate Adoption of Metal AM Without Part Redesign
- Automating Your Aged Sales Process
- Innovative Ways to Build Your Workforce Supply Chain
- Attain Operational Excellence with IIoT and Impactful Continuous Improvement
- Automating Manufacturing Operations with Induction Technology
- The Anatomy of a Machine Guarding Project – 4 Stages to Success
- Planning for What’s Next: Succession Planning
- Leveling and Flattening During Modern Metal Fabricating
- Augmented Operations, Not Augmented Reality, That Will Transform Your Manufacturing Operations
- Accelerated Finishing – Using Advancements in CAM, Cutting Tools, and Machinery to Reduce Cycle Time
- Productive Metal AM: Reducing Cost Per Part
- The New Dawn of Manufacturing in America
For more information and to register for WESTEC 2019, visit www.westeconline.com