The Spring 2016 inaugural issue of Smart Manufacturing is now online! View the first issue of Smart as a digital magazine, and subscribe to Smart Manufacturing to receive the next issues in print or digital form. Links to individual articles are available below.
Modern Times Circa 2016: Achieving Unprecedented Control
Merger of cyber, physical manufacturing worlds improves costs, quality, safety and customization.
30 Visionaries Merging the Cyber and Physical Worlds
Who’s making good on the promise of a revolution in making.
Collaborative Robots: New Kids on Automation Block
Technological advances improve safety of what many call cobots.
How One Ohio High School Makes Engineers
Centerville High adopted the Project Lead the Way curriculum, for starters.
Impossible Objects Goes After ‘Functional Parts’
Firm develops an additive technology that can create ready-to-use, high-strength parts with few geometric restrictions.
What’s What in Metal 3D Printers
Look for metal printers to be used for industrial purposes, especially in the aerospace and medical industries.
Metal AM Adoption Racing Ahead of Capacity to Provide Qualified Workforce
Challenges also exist in certification and optimization on the shop floor, but US firms have a competitive advantage, at least for now.
Efficiency Software For Any Machine, Any Control
ADVANCED MANUFACTURING NOW
- AA, IM and AME Can Propel Smart Manufacturing Forward
- Follow Four Core Tactics to Build a Connected Enterprise
- Programming Freedom with Open Core Engineering
- Time to ‘Abstract’ Data Sets From All Over into ‘Data Lakes’
- To Meet Quality, Cost, Delivery Goals, Learning Needs to Take Place Weekly
- Connecting Everything Requires Strong IT Plan
- RIA Addresses Safety of Humans in Cobot System
- Welcome to the Real-Time World, Job Shop and OEM Fabricators
On the Cover: These 30 execs are focused on running efficient, lean, safe, responsive, coordinated and sometimes shared shops and factories.